- Diploma of Nursing – Trinity Hospital School of Nursing, 1973
- National Certification as Gerontological Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant
- University of North Dakota – Family Nurse Practitioner Program, 1987
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing – Weber State University, 1996
- Outstanding student – Weber State University, 1995-1996
- American Academy of Physicians Assistants
- Utah Academy of Physicians Assistants
Pamela Sorensen was born, raised, and received her education in North Dakota. She has resided in St. George since 1987. Pam and her husband Dean have two sons and three grandchildren. They enjoy traveling and reading.
As a registered nurse, Pam has worked in medical-surgical, post-surgical intensive care, intravenous therapy, orthopaedics and adult ambulatory care settings. She has been a Physicians Assistant at Southern Utah Women’s Health Center, P.C., since 1992. To maintain proper certification and ensure current knowledge, Pam must accrue 200 continuing education hours every two years. Every six years she must take a recertification examination to maintain national and state licensing regulations.